Congratulations on your new jewelry! While our jewelry is fairly low-maintenance and meant to be worn every day, we want you to be able to enjoy your jewelry for generations. So here are a few tips to keep them looking their best.
Wearing Coastal Nine Jewelry
While we know how special your jewelry is to you there are some activities you should remove your jewelry for.
- Handling chemicals
- Swimming in chlorinated pools
- Workouts (rings tend not to enjoy lifting weighs)
- Showering or sleeping
- Hairspray and perfume application
Your jewelry should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off.
- Silver tarnishes naturally and the best way to keep it at bay is to wear your silver jewelry frequently. If tarnish occurs the easiest way to get rid of it is with a jewelry polishing cloth such as this one.
- Most metals can be cleaned by soaking them in water with a mild dish soap like Dawn. For an extra clean you can gently scrub them with a soft bristle toothbrush or cotton rag. When cleaning pearls be extra careful as they can scratch easily. Use a clean, new makeup brush and warm soapy water to gently clean them. Be sure to rinse when done to remove soapy water.
This feels like ages ago but on Feb 13 I was invited to pitch my business in front of a panel of judges and the local community. It was an amazing opportunity for me to network and meet with other entrepreneurs. In my short presentation I talked about my business and that if I won the prize money I would spend it on materials to create more inventory. I was honored that night to be awarded first place in the contest. With it I was able to purchase over $600 worth of sterling silver some amazing stones to work with and a custom stamp so now larger pieces will be marked not only .925 silver (sterling silver) but they will also have my logo on them. This is a huge help that came at a good time. If you are local to Massachusetts or Colorado and are starting a business I would look into EforAll @eforallsouthcoast as they have some amazing programs aimed to help entrepreneurs. I also want to say thank you to all the @southcoastopenairmarket members who showed up to support me and others. I enjoyed being a part of their markets last year and can’t wait to join them again this summer. Lastly, if you have any questions, see anything that’s speaks to you, want to know if I have anything in your size or just want to say hi 👋 feel free to reach out to me.